QLC+ 5 beta 3 testing

Report an issue that you found while using QLC+ 5.x.
Please provide as many details as you can, a sample workspace if available and don't forget to read the forum posting guidelines first !
sbenejam

I made some tests with QLC+5 beta3 appimage on Ubuntu 22.04. I found some issues.
  • OSC control works with TouchOSC on an Android tablet. Except multipage frames, on page change multipage frame is not sending the values to the VC widgets on this page.
  • QLC+ 4 projects opened in QLC+5 some widgets are not resized correctly or are overlapped.
  • Cannot create in QLC+5 a multipage frame cloning first page widgets is not cloning the widgets to other pages.
  • Video playing: Same results that I explained some time ago in this post. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15225
    Same solution to get video playing working is to set GST_PLUGIN_PATH=$GST_PLUGIN_PATH:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0
mcallegari

Hi Santiago, thanks for the feedbacks.
Frame first page cloning is now implemented (it wasn't coded!)
Opening a v4 project might need some adjustment. If you share a project I can have a look why widgets are not at the right size
As for OSC I need to check. Will come back later on this.
GStreamer: I'm wondering if it is related to the AppImage bundle or an unrelated issue
sbenejam

Hi Massimo,
I'll test this weekend the page cloning. The v4 project is attached, some knobs in a central frame are overlapped.
I only tested feedback from multipage frame with OSC not with MIDI. In QLC+ v4 it sends the values for the widgets in the destination page to update it's values. In v5 this values are not send. I recently bought a new tablet to handle multipage frames with TouchOSC and works great. If you need more details I can log in TouchOSC what it's send and received and send you more details.
Gstreamer. This behavior was present in Ubuntu 20.04 and I tested it in many Ubuntu installations. All Gstreamer plugins and libraries are installed.
Have you created a new beta3 appimage or I have to build my own appimage to test page cloning?. What Qt version I have to use to build an appimage?.
Attachments
PereXerxa.qxw
(53.8 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
sbenejam

More testing with QLC+ 5 beta3 now with the lastest test version QLC+_5.0.0_beta3-TEST-20230403-LTP-FADE-OUT-x86_64.AppImage.
  • Multipage frame, shows wrong index pages in the dropdown. Moving through pages with next and previous arrows Page 4 in a 4 pages frame shows Page 3, but the frame widgets are from the page 4.
  • Tested on the previous test version there is no dropdown in the multipage frame but moving through pages with next, previous arrows page 4 is correct.
  • Same project opened in QLC+ 4.12.7-GIT multipage frame seems to work as expected.
I attached the test project I used.

QLC_Beta3_Multipage.png
TestMultipageOSC-V5-New.qxw
(43.18 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
mcallegari

Hi Santiago, I think I fixed most of your reports
The new CI system builds every commit and create an AppImage that you can download from GitHub to test the latest changes
Since you have a GH account, please let me know if you can find it, for example here:
https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/a ... 4833177990
sbenejam

Yes I can find the appimages in you GH repo and in my GH repo. I'll test this weekend and report back here.
sbenejam

Hi Massimo, I downloaded the appimages and I made a quick and it seems that is working now. I¡ll do more tests later.
mcallegari

Thanks. In the meantime I have fixed feedbacks.
Will push the change soon
sbenejam

I have problems with TouchOSC losing feedback from QLC+ and I'm switching to Open Stage Control to have a more reliable control surface.
TouchOSC works well, but when I save a QLC+ project with TouchOSC and QLC+ running when reopening the same project feedback starts to fail when switching pages in a frame. I have no such problems with Open Stage Control. When I can make a comparison with TouchOSC versus Open Stage Control I'll publish the results.
I think when TouchOSC receives a few bad OSC messages from QLC+ it closes or blocks the feedback OSC port.

Code: Select all

[OSC] sendFeedBack - Key: "" value: 0
void OSCPacketizer::setupOSCGeneric(QByteArray&, QString&, QString, QByteArray&) Empty path, can't create packet
The input profile seems that it's ok I'm very confused with this behavior. Is not reliable to use TouchOSC with this errors in a live event.
sbenejam

If you want to reproduce this issues. TouchOSC MK2 with Simple Mk2 example. Create in QLC+ a multipage frame with 2 sliders per page and a button. Create an input profile for Simple MK2 TouchOSC example. Save QLC+ project, reopen it and start moving slider from TouchOSC and from QLC+ when switching to page 2 feedbacks stop working. With Open Stage Control similar slider project works well and not loosing feedback from QLC+.
sbenejam

After few tests with QLC+ an Opens Stage Control in v5 multipage frame feedback works as expected sending the values of widgets in the destination page. One exception the buttons that works in v4 well with generate extra key press ticked, don't work in v5. From QLC+ v5 to Open Stage control clicking on a button works but from Open Stage Control to QLC+ v5 I need two taps on button to deactivate VC button.
I don't understand why in v4 works and in v5 don't very similar project, I'm missing something?.
Attachments
OpenStageControl-QLC+.qxi
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
TestMultipageOpenStage.qxw
(91.2 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
TestMultipageOpenStage_V5.qxw
(42.76 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
sbenejam

Rename the fie from .txt to .json to open in Open Stage Control.
Attachments
OpenStageControl_12_GM.txt
(566.17 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
mcallegari

It's quite possible. i think extra press code is missing.
Gonna push the fix soon
mcallegari

Hey Santiago can you please instruct me how to configure Open Stage Control to communicate with QLC+? Thanks
sbenejam

Hi Massimo, see attached image. You can change OSC ports if you need it to fit your QLC+ config. My firsts tests with Open Stage Control also cost me to set it up and understand how it works. Start server and then load the OSC project in the windows that opens or connect with a tablet to the URL informed. You can load the json file from the new opened window. Or on the tablet you must load the json file that must be on the server.
Screenshot_20230506_115508.png
I you need more details tell me.

;-)
sbenejam

Screenshot_20230506_121434.png
In the config window with debug option activated you can see in and out OSC messages.
sbenejam

After many weeks testing things with QLC+, TouchOSC and now Open Stage Control I think that it's a more reliable option to control QLC+ via OSC remotely with Open Stage Control than TouchOSC. TouchOSC MK2 sometimes work as expected and sometimes don't, it's very frustrating.
Take a look to Open Stage Control I think is a good option to control something remotely.
mcallegari

Thanks
I should have fixed most of this now. Please check if extra press is now working as v4
And yes, Open Stage Control looks good as a TouchOSC alternative
sbenejam

Thanks Massimo I'll test it this later on both versions v4 an V5.
mcallegari

I think I also fixed the "empty path" issue as well, but please confirm if this is present on both v4 and v5.