Unable to find my eDMX MAX 1 in Inputs/Outputs? Controlling 2/5 channel LED strips?

Ask a question related to the QLC+ 5.x usage here.
Provide as much details as you can, especially what you would like to achieve and if available, a sample workspace of your work in progress
victorhooi

Hi,

I'm very new to lighting, and am getting into LED strip lighting =).

I bought some 2-channel CCT-tunable and 5-channel RGBWW strips from Waveform lighting.

They also sold me this DMX "decoder" (my understanding of the term decoder is that it converts DMX signalling into the PWM signals needed to drive the LED strips):

https://store.waveformlighting.com/prod ... nel-output

I also bought the DMXKing eDMX MAX 1 DIN, which as I understand will convert Ethernet packets into DMX signalling.

At first, I tried using QLC+ (v4.13), installed via the Homebrew formula (https://formulae.brew.sh/cask/qlc-plus).

However, I couldn't see my eDMX MAX 1 in the "Inputs/Outputs" section at all.

I then also tried QLC+ (v5.0 beta 3) - which I found through this forum - I figured newer is better :D.

However, I still can't seem to find the eDMX MAX 1 listed anywhere there:

(The eDMX MAX 1 should be 10.5.1.57 on my network).

Do you know how I can add my DMX Ethernet adapter it to QLC+?

Also, my understanding is that once I get the adapter added, I then have to add a "fixture" for each of my LED strips.

I couldn't see those LED strips listed in the library of fixtures - but I'm guessing that's simply because they're not really for stage/DJ/theatre/production lighting, which is what QLC+ is aimed at.

However, is there a way I can easily add a 2-channel or 5-channel generic LED strip to QLC+?

Thanks,
VIctor
Attachments
CleanShot 2024-05-09 at 11.44.38@2x.png
MichelSliepenbeek

However, I couldn't see my eDMX MAX 1 in the "Inputs/Outputs" section at all.
It seems to me that this is about the same question as overhere: viewtopic.php?t=16963
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
victorhooi

Thanks for getting back!

However, that question seems to be for QLC+ v4 - and if I'm looking at QLC+ v5 - the interface seems very different.

I do see a list of ARTNet addresses:

If I drag one of them over, in the Configure Plugin screen, I *don't* see any way to change the IP address...

giacomo

https://docs.qlcplus.org/v5/plugins/art-net
I'm not a super expert in this field but first your laptop must be already connected to your device - and it seems so if I look to your 10.5.1.158.
Then you've to choose the correct "output" plugin if you want to output dmx - from your picture you're looking to the input. That's it, it should work after this.
Because it's a net protocol connection, you won't see any device but a "node tree".

For your led trip, you can try to use a generic led fixture if it matches, or write a new definition by yourself, or just patch the needed channels as simply dimmers, then you can change to ltp if needed. In any case try to read the manual.