idea: lock screen

Archive of the non-categorized posts related to the QLC+ technical support.
Please do not create new threads here, instead, use the categories above !
Tasaei

Hi guys,

i think the title says what this is about , i would find it helpful to have an option to lock the console.
I got the idea after working one week with a Grand ma 2 full-size on a congress, which has this feature.
Because i work in places where everybody can get to the console (we have build a real console, not just a laptop or pc) and every time when the sound engineer goes somewhere, he locks his console (and so i did on congress with the grand ma). Pretty useful because we experience people to got to the FOH to "just take a look" and of course playing with faders etc . " i know what i do, i have a party room in my cellar too ".... yeah but not with enough light an laser to make everybody blind an enough amp-power to break walls.
To just switch off the monitor doesn't help because QLC+ still reacts to fader movement etc and i don't think it looks professsional if the Mac , or ubuntu or windows lock screen appears.

So, i would find it very helpful to have a little button right next to the blackout . When you push it a numeric keypad appears in which you just type a small code (or by your real keyboard) and then the console is locked with that code (or the code is saved before in the settings) and theres a big "console locked " on the screen ( for deterrence reasons).
In this mode you can't switch between input output , functions , VC etc etc and QLC+ wouldn't react to external inputs.
Yes , it would still be possible to close QLC+ itself by shortcut etc, but that isn't the point, it just prevents interested people of just wanting to move a fader and look if something happens etc.
of course you can type in the code by (real) but a virtual one would be great of solutions like ours which don't work with keyboard anymore (and many people use it with touchscreen).
It would be optimal if the DMX values would not be frozen , but running chasers , effects, shows etc would go on.

If thats possible here's an idea for the second step:
in a second step i could imagine that you could select frames/externel inputs etc which aren't effected by lock screen, so you can for example choose one fader not to be effected by lock screen and to have your stage light on that fader, so its possible for everyone to activate light on stage when needed, even when the light-engineer isn't there and the console is locked.
Tasaei

one more idea with that:

different codes for different users. admin password: unlock everything. User password: unlock VC only.
Craounch

Meantime, you can put all your VC content in a new frame and use the activate/deactivate button when you leave your console. Of course people can reactivate it without a password, but at least it takes some time to understand you have to click on the button. It is a first easy step ;) .
mcallegari

This will be implemented in QLC+ 5
Tasaei

Craounch wrote:Meantime, you can put all your VC content in a new frame and use the activate/deactivate button when you leave your console. Of course people can reactivate it without a password, but at least it takes some time to understand you have to click on the button. It is a first easy step ;) .
i'm doing this already, but that doesn't show people not to touch anything and doesn't look very prof. :D

mcallegari wrote:This will be implemented in QLC+ 5
Thanks, looking forward to QLC+5!