Q Light Controller Plus - User Documentation
External control with BCF2000 and LC2412
This is small howto to setup external control with Behringer
LC2412 connected through
BCF2000. Everything said
here is also valid for BCR2000.
With this setup (BCF2000 + LC2412) we get:
- 8 motorized faders
- 8 turn encoders
- 30 non-motorized faders
- lots of buttons
That makes a pretty nice console and a much less clicks with mouse :)
How to proceed:
Connect MIDI cable from LC2412 MIDI OUT to MIDI IN on BCF2000.
Connect USB cable from BCF2000 to the computer. MIDI OUT and MIDI
THRU on the BCF2000 stay unused.
Set BCF2000 to U-2 mode
- Press and hold EDIT and then push STORE.
- Release both buttons.
- Turn the leftmost encoder until it shows u-2.
- Push EXIT button.
In this mode, two MIDI IN ports should show in the computer,
and one MIDI OUT. The first MIDI IN is input from BCF, the second
one is input from LC2412. MIDI OUT is sent to BCF to provide
feedback (motors and LEDs).
Windows: If only one MIDI IN port is present in the computer,
most probably you need to download and install USB MIDI driver for BCF
from Behringer website.
Patch MIDI inputs and outputs
- Go to the INPUT/OUTPUTs tab
- Add two new universes (you may also use any two unused ones)
- Give them sensible names (like "BCF2000" and "LC2412").
- BCF2000 universe:
- Select both "Input" and "Feedback" in the row with BCF2000 MIDI 1 port
- Select BCF2000 Input profile
- LC2412 universe:
- Select "Input" in the row with BCF2000 MIDI 2 port - LC2412 does not have feedback capability
- Select LC2412 Input profile.
Note: Do not use any of these universes for DMX input/output!
Now you can choose from knobs, faders and buttons of either device for your VC controls.
Version: 4.11.2 GIT (QLC+_4.11.0-456-gebff965) Last update: 2018-02-24 17:21:56 +0100